Our services on inertia dynamometers are of three types:
- supply of only the electronic interface and software on machines in a good mechanical and electrical condition;
- overhauls with:
- mechanical variations if required, to remove defects or increase performances
- completion and/or renewal of systems on board machines and control equipments;
- supply of electronics and software;
- complete new manufacture of dynamometers.
The inertia dynamometer allows to test vehicles' brakes in a laboratory and in full scale.
Our software complies with all the tests that are carried out in Europe and the booklet
"Braking dynamometers - Technical Description (pdf)"
, in the section
, illustrates the automation system,
the tests that can be run and the result processing.
The principles of functioning are as follow:
- The inertial masses, together with the contribution from the motor driven in inertia simulation,
are able to reproduce the stress that the brake is subjected to when stopping the vehicle;
- On a rotating shaft the flywheels corresponding to the inertia of one fourth of the vehicle weight are keyed;
- The electric motor makes the flywheel bank rotate up to the r.p.m. needed to simulate the speed
of the type of car required. After that, the brake is operated according to the conditions set out in the test description.
The control can be: under pressure, torque, force, position or a mixed combination.
The brake application is recorded and analyzed according to different parameters such as the braking transmitted
torque, pressure, master cylinder stroke, various temperature (disk, friction material, brake liquid) wear on brake parts,
evolution of the pressure or the braking torque, some parameters are computed in real-time as for example the friction coefficient.
Our dynamometers are divided in four models:
Here you can find more information about our system: